Telka's brief, short term services are effective in the treatment of:
1. Stress & mood disorders: adjustment disorders, anger, anxiety, depression, grief, obsessive compulsive disorders, panic, perfectionism, procrastination, poor impulse control, social anxiety and recovery concerns.
2. Relationship Stress: dating dilemmas, break-ups, separation and divorce adjustment, blended family issues and parenting concerns.
3. Life stuff: bully bosses, career concerns, college adjustment, compassion fatigue, difficult people, obesity, excessive spending, low self esteem and other self defeating behaviors.
Due to a high demand for services, Telka is only accepting returning, former clients at this time. No evening or weekend hours are available. Telka does not accept walk-ins or offer crisis intervention. Once the Coronavirus restrictions are lifted, Telka will consider new clients ages 21 to 62 who are interested in 10 sessions or less of brief, solution-focused CBT to address specific treatment goals. For mental health emergencies contact 911 or Community Mental Health.
Telka schedules her own counseling appointments. Email is the fastest way to contact her at Therapy@TelkaArend-Ritter.com
For all service inquiries please include the following information:
1. The customer service number on the back of your insurance card may assist you with details of your outpatient mental health coverage and a list of contracted providers.
2. Be sure to clarify that your provider search is for a mental health therapist.
3. Clarify your copay and deductible amounts to determine your "out-of-pocket" expense. Inquire cost of procedure codes 90791 and 90837.
Telka is a contracted "in-network" provider for : *Aetna, ASR, *Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, Blue Care network (BCN), *Cigna, *Cofinity, HAP, Health Plus, Messa, and McLaren.
If you do not find Telka listed in your provider directory, check your "out of network" coverage.
Telka is NOT contracted with: Cigna Behavioral Health, Humana, Ingham Health Plan, Medicaid, Medicare, Tri-Care or Employee Assistance Programs.
*Specific policies have complicated rules and exclusions so the bottom line is to search your mental health provider directory using Telka's National Provider ID of 1013066067
To cancel or reschedule a counseling appointment, please provide 24 hour or more advance notice via Email to Therapy@TelkaArend-Ritter.com. Please keep in mind that “no-shows” and short notice cancellations prevent others from receiving services during that appointment time. Although Telka does not charge cancellation fees, repeated cancellations indicate that current scheduling practices are not working. Repeated cancellations may result in termination of services.