Enjoy your complimentary materials, available by downloading. Telka's 250 page CBT self-help workbook (15.2 MB file) contains the materials and instruction used in Telka's popular solution focused therapy services.
(This is a work in progress, without professional editing.)
What are normal emotions? Referencing the movie “Inside Out,” this video explains how embracing uncomfortable emotions rather than avoiding, shaming or fearing them, is the healthy way to cope with moods. (6 min)
John Gottman PhD has a 90% accuracy of predicting which relationships will succeed or fail based on his research of communication patterns. Learn how to save your relationship by using his tools.
Need emotional skills?:
1. Why Emotional Quotient (EQ) is More Important Than IQ | TEDxWaiakea |Michael Benner| 14 min.
2. A call to men: changing how we role model emotions | Tony Porter |Ted| 11 min
3. Anger, Compassion: What It Means To Be Strong | Russell Kolts | TEDxOlympia (13 min)
4. This could be why you are depressed and anxious |Jon Hari |TEDSummit 2019| 21 min.
1. What is depression? (4 min) Helen Farrell Ted. Ed
2. Andrew Solomon takes you across the world to interview others with depression (Ted talk 30 min)
3. This could be why you are depressed and anxious |Jon Hari |TEDSummit 2019| 21 min.
4. We don't "move on" from grief. We move forward with it 12 min. (Nora McInerny | TEDWomen 2018)
5. The Secret of Becoming Mentally Strong | Amy Morin | TEDxOcala (15 min)
1. Everything I Needed to Know I Learned in a Mental Hospital” Tedx talk by Glennon Doyle Melton for (17 min)
1. The psychology of post-traumatic stress disorder | Joelle Rabow Maletis | TED-Ed| 5 min
2. Bipolar Depression: What is bipolar disorder? 6 min (Helen M. Farrell | TED-Ed)
3. Science of How OCD Works (Dealing with Brain Lock) 7 min .
2. High Functioning Anxiety| (The Mighty, 2 min )
3. Tool #1 General anxiety| (4 min)
4. Tool #2 Martha Beck PhD| Harnessing fear (9 min)
5. Tool # 3 4 Ways to Stop an Anxiety Spiral | SuperSoul Sunday | Oprah Winfrey Network (4 min)
6. 100 days without fear | Michelle Poler | TEDxHouston.(2015) 15 min
10 minute talk to help understand how your brain works in relationships and why relationships are hard.
2016| Stan Tatkin | TEDxKC
1. How to Make Stress Your Friend| Kelly Mcgonigal| Ted.com|14min
2. Author of Mayo Clinic Guide to Stress Free Living, Happy Brain: How to Overcome Our Neural Predispositions to Suffering | Amit Sood, MD | TEDxUNI| 18 min
3. Change your story, change your life Lori Gottleig| Ted@Dupont| Sept 2019 16 min
1. How do you deal with jerks at work? Podcast| Adam Grant | 47 min .
2. Want more Adam Grant? Adam Grant podcast series through TED.com podcasts
3. Are you a giver or a taker? | Adam Grant | Ted@IBM 14 min video
4 . Workplace culture | David Logan Tedx (16:39 min)
1. We are all hiding something, let's find the courage to open up | Ash Beckham Ted (9 min)
2. Listening to shame| Brene Brown PhD. | Ted. 2012 | 21 min
3. Why your critics aren’t the ones who count | Brene Brown PHD| 2013 |22 min
4.Susan Cain author of Quiet. Ted talk Introverts are valuable. (19 min)
Telka's tools, resources and recommendations are not a substitute for mental health treatment or intended to be used as medical care. This site is not intended to diagnose or treat medical conditions or psychiatric concerns. Always consult your own health care professional for the treatment of mental illness.
Report to the nearest emergency room when you have a mental health emergency. Telka does not offer emergency services or crisis intervention. Telka is not a physician, does not prescribe medication.